Covid-19 Response Plan
Updated 2 July 2020
The sun is shining, the air is getting warmer, the market is open and the waves are certainly still crashing! If you are dreaming of a vacation, or staycation, at Higgins Beach this summer, we will be here for you! We are closely monitoring the news from Governor Mills as it slowly becomes available, including how the 14-day quarantine requirement will impact out of state travelers this summer. We look forward to welcoming back our guests and snowbirds when we can.
Please know that we are adapting our business and taking the necessary precautions to keep our guests and our team as safe as possible. We are committed to providing the highest standards for you, and we will be making changes to our usual operations to ensure your safety and comfort, such as:
- Providing touchless check-in and check-out.
- Removing additional bedding such as covers and blankets & asking guests to bring their own.
- Extending time between turnovers to allow for enhanced cleaning.
- Requiring all mattresses & pillows have protective encasements.
- Sanitizing covers, encasements and all hard surfaces between guests.
- Offering service provider contacts for guest convenience to allow for minimal contact within the community such as grocery delivery & linen services.
We look forward to welcoming you to Higgins Beach safely and soon! Help us follow the recommended CDC & State of Maine guidelines to keep ourselves, our families and our fellow travelers safe and healthy. We are committed to comply with the Maine COVID-19 Prevention Checklist.
Maine Unveils "Keep Maine Healthy" Plan to Protect Maine People, Visitors & Support Small Businesses
- Testing as an Alternative to the 14 Day Quarantine. Find Testing Near You
- Exempts Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont residents from testing and 14-day quarantine requirement, effective for travel June 12th.
- People who are not residents of ME, NH, VT, CT, NJ & NY and are visiting Maine will be asked to sign a Certificate of Compliance indicating either that they have received a negative COVID-19 test result, that they will quarantine in Maine for 14 days, or that they have already completed their quarantine in Maine. Read Full Press Release
- Certificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors
- Keep Maine Healthy FAQs
Disclaimer: As guidelines and regulations from local and state authorities becomes available, we will update our policies and take necessary precautions to keep both our guests and our team safe. Please continue to check back on our website and Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about visiting Higgins Beach this season. More information is also available on the Maine CDC Website.