Covid-19 Response Plan
Updated 23 March 2021
Please know that we are adapting our business and taking the necessary precautions to keep our guests and our team as safe as possible. We are committed to providing the highest standards for you, and we will be making changes to our usual operations to ensure your safety and comfort, such as:
- Providing touchless check-in and check-out.
- Removing additional bedding such as covers and blankets & asking guests to bring their own.
- Extending time between turnovers to allow for enhanced cleaning.
- Requiring all mattresses & pillows have protective encasements.
- Sanitizing covers, encasements and all hard surfaces between guests.
- Offering service provider contacts for guest convenience to allow for minimal contact within the community such as grocery delivery & linen services.
We look forward to welcoming you to Higgins Beach safely! Help us follow the recommended CDC & State of Maine guidelines to keep ourselves, our families and our fellow travelers safe and healthy. We are committed to comply with the Maine COVID-19 Prevention Checklist.
Maine's "Moving Maine Forward" Plan to Protect Maine People, Visitors & Support Small Businesses
- Testing as an Alternative to the 10 Day Quarantine. Find Testing Near You
- Exempt states effective March 5, 2021 include:Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island & Vermont.
- Effective May 1: Shift Maines COVID-19 travel policy to automatically exempt all states, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC. If one or more states see a spike in cases of highly contagious COVID-19 variants, Maine will apply its test or quarantine requirement to travelers to and from that state.
- People who are not residents of these states that are visiting Maine will be asked to sign a Certificate of Compliance indicating either that they have received a negative COVID-19 test result, that they will quarantine in Maine for 10 days, or that they have already completed their quarantine in Maine. Read Full Press Release
- Certificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors
- Moving Maine Forward FAQs
Disclaimer: As guidelines and regulations from local and state authorities becomes available, we will update our policies and take necessary precautions to keep both our guests and our team safe. Please continue to check back on our website and Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about visiting Higgins Beach this season. More information is also available on the Maine CDC Website.