Covid-19 Response Plan
Updated 19 May 2021
Please know that we are adapting our business and taking the necessary precautions to keep our guests and our team as safe as possible. We are committed to providing the highest standards for you, and we will be making changes to our usual operations to ensure your safety and comfort, such as:
- Providing touchless check-in and check-out.
- Removing additional bedding such as covers and blankets & asking guests to bring their own.
- Extending time between turnovers to allow for enhanced cleaning.
- Requiring all mattresses & pillows have protective encasements.
- Sanitizing covers, encasements and all hard surfaces between guests.
- Offering service provider contacts for guest convenience to allow for minimal contact within the community such as grocery delivery & linen services.
We look forward to welcoming you to Higgins Beach safely! Help us follow the recommended CDC & State of Maine guidelines to keep ourselves, our families and our fellow travelers safe and healthy. We are committed to comply with the Maine COVID-19 Prevention Checklist.
- Beginning May 1, travelers from all states will be able to travel to Maine without providing a negative COVID-19 test result or quarantining, unless otherwise determined by the Maine CDC. If a state experiences a spike in COVID-19 cases, the Maine CDC will apply testing and quarantine protocols to all travelers from that state.
- International Traveler Policies: Travelers from other countries who are eligible to travel to the United States under national guidelines and who have been fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine but should get tested with a viral test 3-5 days after travel. Those who are not fully vaccinated and who arrive in Maine within 7 days of entering the U.S. must quarantine for 7 days from arrival in the U.S. AND get a COVID-19 molecular or antigen test 3-5 days after arrival in the U.S.
- Moving Maine Forward FAQs
Disclaimer: As guidelines and regulations from local and state authorities becomes available, we will update our policies and take necessary precautions to keep both our guests and our team safe. Please continue to check back on our website and Facebook page for the most up-to-date information about visiting Higgins Beach this season. More information is also available on the Maine CDC Website.